The II Faculty of Medicine of the Medical University of Warsaw educate also students of Physiotherapy Department. The subject taught by Prof. Piotr Henryk Skarżyński, M.D., Ph.D., MSc. is entitled: “Clinical Physiotherapy in diseases of internal organs in ENT”. It is dedicated for third year students of full-time and part-time courses. The aim of the subject “Clinical Physiotherapy in diseases of internal organs in ENT” is an overview of the basic pathologies in otorhinolaryngology, including their pathomechanisms, the most important symptomatology, treatment and complications. Additionally, the subject outlines the role of a physiotherapist in the treatment of the aforementioned conditions and in treatment-supporting activities. The subject comprises 6 hours of lectures and 20 hours of training at the Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing in Warsaw and the World Hearing Center in Kajetany. The aim of professional practice is to present the techniques of rehabilitation used in otorhinolaryngology.
The methods of verification of learning outcomes
- Input quiz (range of prerequisites)
- The knowledge of human anatomy and physiology and the basic knowledge of general and clinical pathology.
- The orientation in the schematic construction of the human head and the neck.
- Definition of the functions that are distorted after the damage of particular structures.
- The knowledge of the practical functioning of the facilities providing inpatient care.
- Class quiz (the range of materials from the educational curriculum and the content).
- Oral presentation. Every student should perform oral presentation prepared on the basis of any scientific publication in the field of otorhinolaryngology. It would be nice of you if the presentations is related to the role of the physiotherapist in the treatment and supporting treatment (final model presentation).
- The final test on all of the aspects outlined in the subject programme.
Useful links to educational materials in the field of otorhinolaryngology: